Ingredients for Upma:
* Rava / Sooji – 1 cup
* Groundnuts – 1/4 cup
* Ginger – 1 inch chopped
* Onion – 1 no’s chopped
* Green Chillies – 2 no’s chopped
* Potato – 1 no’s chopped
* Capsicum – 1 no’s chopped
* Carrot – 1 no’s chopped
* Green Peas – 1/4 cup
* Mustard Seeds – 1/2 teaspoon
* Urad Daal – 1/2 teaspoon
* Channa Daal – 1/2 teaspoon
* Salt to taste
* Turmeric Powder – 1/2 teaspoon
* Red chili powder – 1/4 teaspoon
* Oil – 2 tablespoon
* Pure Ghee – 1 tablespoon
* Curry leaves – A few
* Coriander leaves – A few
Method for Upma:
* Sift rava through a muslin / cheese cloth or very fine sieve.
* Heat pure ghee in a pan and fry rava ,on a moderate heat, stirring constantly to light brown color and set aside.
* Heat 2 tbsp oil in a pan and add mustard seeds and allow them to splatter.
* Add the chana & urad daal & curry leaves to it and fry till they turn brown.
* Add onion, ginger , green chilies,groundnuts and sauté them for 2-3 minutes.
* Add all the vegetables, turmeric & chili powder, and salt to taste.
* Now add 3 cups of water and cover the pan and allow it simmer on low heat until the vegetables are done.
* Add the fried rava to it stirring constantly till it becomes little thick.