|Recipe Name: Jalebi
Recipe Main Ingredient: All purpose flour
Recipe Brief Description: Jalebi is one of the most popular Indian sweets. They are soaked in sugar syrup. Jalebi is an easy recipe to make.
- Maida – 1 cup
- Besan – 1 tbsp
- Sugar – 1 1/2 cup
- Rapid rise yeast – 1 tbsp
- Cardamom Powder – 1 tbsp
- Yogurt – 1 tbsp
- Yellow food colour – 1 pinch
- Lime juice – 1 tbspCooking Time: 20 minutesPreparation Method:
- In a wide bowl, add maida, cardamom powder, rapid rise yeast (if you use regular yeast soak them in warm water for 5 – 10mins and add them in this mixture) food colour and besan flour.
- Mix it well and add oil, yogurt and ¾ cup water. Mix it well until it becomes smooth batter without lumps. Make sure the consistency is not too thick and not thin. It should be in pouring consistency. Allow batter to rest for 30mins.
- After 15mins, start making syrup. Heat a sauce pan with sugar, water and saffron. Cook them for 15mins on medium heat until it comes into a sticky consistency.
- Now reduce the flame and add cardamom powder and lemon juice (lemon juice is to prevent crystallization). Do not switch off the flame just keep it in low flame. But make sure it does not too thick.
- Now, heat oil in a wide pan for frying jelabi’s. After 30mins take out the fermented batter and mix it well. Now pour into piping bag with a number of 3 nozzles and make a hole on the bottom of the bag.
- Squeeze out the batter into the hot oil in a pretzel shape to about 2 inches in diameter like a circular motion.
- Now, shift this jelabi’s into sugar syrup pan and after 2 minutes remove from syrup pan and shift into serving plate.