Sev gathiya saag has about 370 to 400 calories of which about 300 are from carbohydrates. It is mostly made of wheat flour and other flours, butter, milk powder, curd, sugar, salt, vegetables like carrots, cabbage, green peas and beans. Sev gathiya saag has about 370 to 400 calories of which about 100 are from protein. It is low-fat, high in dietary fiber and has a very healthy ratio of carbohydrates and fats.
Gathiya is a delicious dish which is prepared using fresh spinach leaves. It can be prepared in a short period of time and it is easy to prepare at home. There are no additional ingredients required and all you need to do is boil the water and throw in the spinach. Then add salt and mix well and you are ready to go. The taste of this dish is spicy and pungent and you cannot stop yourself from taking another bite. This dish is loved by both kids and adults and they are looking forward to a great taste with a unique and healthy texture. Gathiya nu shaak, Sev Bhaji or Sev Ki sabzi is ready in a jiffy, and is ideal for those days when you need to cook in a hurry, or when you open the fridge and find to your dismay that the vegetable rack is empty. As Sev Bhaji doesn’t even require onions, tomatoes or even garlic, you can make it at home easily, with whatever ingredients you have on hand. How cool is that!
- Sev (ganthia) – 1 cup
- Cumin seeds (Jeera) – 1/2 teaspoon
- Red chilli powder (Lal mirch) – 1/2 teaspoon
- Garam masala – 1/4 teaspoon
- Sugar (Chini) – 1/2 teaspoon
- Asafoetida (Hing) – 1/6 teaspoon
- Mango powder (Amchoor) – 1/4 teaspoon
- Coriander powder (Dhania) – 1/4 teaspoon
- Coriander leaves (Dhania patte) – A few chopped
- Oil – 1 tablespoon
- Salt to taste
- Mix all dry masala in 1 cup water.
- Heat oil in a pan, add seeds and asafoetida, allow to splutter.
- Add masala solution, simmer the flame and cook for 3-4 minutes.
- Add sugar and stir to dissolve, then add ganthia, stir, garnish with coriander.
- Enjoy hot Sev Ganthia Saag with thepla or roti.