A samosa average about 100 grams has about 250 to 320 calories and the calories from fat is around 150.
|Recipe Name: Samosa
Recipe Main Ingredient: White flour, Potato
Recipe Brief Description : Samosa is made with boiled potatoes, cut into small pieces and mixed with spices, filled dough pockets and deep fried.
For the Filling
- Oil – 1 tbsp
- Hing – 1 pinch
- Cumin seeds – 1/2 tbsp
- Mustard seeds – 1/2 tbsp
- Sesame seeds – 1/2 tbsp
- Onion – 1 number (finely chopped)
- Coriander leaves – 1 tbsp (finely chopped)
- Coriander powder – 1/2 tbsp
- Amchur powder – 1/2 tbsp
- Salt – 1/2 tbsp
- Red chili powder – 1 tbsp
- Potato – 3 numbers (boiled, peeled and cut into small pieces)
- Green peas – 1/4 cup (boiled)
For the Samosa dough
- Wheat flour – 2 cup
- Oil – 2 1/2 tbsp
- Rice flour – 1 1/2 tbsp
- Salt – 1/2 tbspCooking Time: 30 minutesPreparation Method:
- To make the samosa filling, heat oil in pan and add pinch hing, cumin seeds, mustard seeds and sesame seeds. When seeds splutter add chopped onion and coriander leaves and stir until the onion becomes golden brown.
- Now add amchur powder or lemon juice, coriander powder, salt and red chili powder. Stir for few minutes.
- Now, mix in boiled potatoes and green peas. Mix well and stir at very low flame, then remove from heat and set aside.
- Add water about ¼ cups until the dough holds together, and knead well. Roll into a ball and cover with cloths. Let rest about 20mins.
- To assemble the samosas, break off 1 ½ – 2 pieces of dough, and roll out into 6-8 circles. Cut each circle in half. Fold each half – circle in thirds to make a pie wedge shape. Seal the point by pressing. Pick up the dough, and seal the outside edge by pinching to form a cone. Fill the cone two- thirds with potato mixture. Moisten the lip of the cone with a little milk or water, and pinch to seal. Press the samosa between your palms to remove air pockets. Flute the top edge and cover with a moist close until ready to fry.
- To cook samosa, deep fry until browned, turning twice and drain. Serve with tamarind- date chutney.