Food Recipe Home Vegetarian Recipes Khichri Recipe Moong Dal Khichri
|Moong Dal Khichri
|Vegetarian Recipes – Khichri Recipe
- Rice – 1 cup
- Moong dal with skin – 1/2 cup
- Ghee – 2 tablespoon
- Cumin seeds – 1/2 teaspoon
- Turmeric powder – 1/2 teaspoon
- Red chilli powder – 1/4 teaspoon
- Asafoetida – A pinch
- Salt to taste
- Clean, wash and drain dal and rice together.
- Heat ghee in a pressure cooker, add cumin seeds and asafoetida and wait until seeds sputter, then add rice and dal mix and stir fry for a couple of minutes. This will coat the rice and dal grains with ghee properly.
- Add salt, turmeric, red chilli powder and give it a quick stir, then add enough water to cover the rice, and 1/2 inch above it.
- Pressure cook for 2-3 whistles or pressures, khichri / khichdi is ready to be served.
- Add a tablespoon of ghee or butter on top of the Moong Dal Khichri / khichdi before serving.