|Recipe Name: Molake Kaalu Saaru
Cuisine: Karnataka/Andhra/Kerala/Tamil Nadu
Recipe Main Ingredient: Horse gram, Chick Peas (small), whole green gram, Tomato, Onion, Potato, Brinjal.
Recipe Brief Description : Molake Kaalu Saaru is very famous and popular all over South India. Very delicious and spicy curry.
- Horse gram – 100 grams
- Chick Peas (small) – 50 grams
- Whole green gram – 100 grams
- Onion – 1no.
- Tomato – 1no.
- Ginger – 1 one inch.
- Garlic – 1 no.
- Chilli powder – 1 1/2 tsp
- Dhania powder – 3/4 tsp
- Turmeric a pinch
- Clove – 6 nos.
- Cinnamon – 1/4 inchCooking Time: 20 minutesPreparation Method:
- To sprout the Horse Gram, Chick Peas (small), Whole green gram (mix it all) soak it in water over night. The following morning drain thoroughly and wash a couple of time in running water. Tie it in a damp cloth in a warm place and sit it for a day. After a day check if the seeds are germinating. If they have sprouted well, you can use it right away. If not sit it for one more day, just make sure that the cloth is not dry.
- In a pressure cooker add the sprouted seeds, potatoes – 2nos., brinjal – 2nos., fry it and add water and salt to taste and cook it. Keep a side.
- For grinding, add the onion, tomato, ginger, garlic, chilli powder, dhania powder, coriander leaf, grind of coconut, clove, cinnamon, Turmeric grind it into a fine paste.
- Add the paste into the cooked sprouted seeds and mix it well, add water if the curry is thick.
- Salt to taste.
- At-last, season it. (can add ghee -optional)Finally, Molake Kaalu Saaru is ready to eat, serve it hot with ragi ball, rice, chapathi, dosa.