|Methi (fenugreek) is a popular winter vegetable in India. The seeds are used as a spice and the leaves are used for flavoring food. Methi is also known as fenugreek, methi, kalonji, kalonji, pudina, pudina, and pudina ka salan. It is also called Indian fenugreek. It is used to make many kinds of dishes like dal, pickle, soups, snacks, curries, etc. Fenugreek seeds are one of the healthiest foods.
Nutrition Facts Of Methi
They are rich in vitamins, minerals, protein, fiber and have a low fat content. Fenugreek is a perennial herb which grows up to 1.5 feet tall. It has a milky white color and small green leaves with tiny yellow flowers. The leaves and stems of fenugreek contain tannins which help in digestion and increase metabolism. The seeds contain the anti-diabetic agent trigonelline which helps in treating diabetes. Fenugreek is used as a food supplement by millions of people across the globe. Fenugreek tea is prepared from fresh or dry fenugreek leaves which are boiled in water for about five minutes. Fenugreek seeds (methi) are a good food for diabetics because they slow down the rate at which sugar gets absorbed into the bloodstream. People who have diabetes should eat methi seeds every day. They are also good for treating high blood pressure and heart diseases.
Calories in Fenugreek seeds (methi)
Fenugreek seeds are high in protein, fiber and nutrients. They are considered to be one of the best sources of energy as they contain 7% proteins and 20% carbohydrates. Moreover, they are also rich in minerals such as magnesium, calcium, phosphorus and iron. Fenugreek seeds have a low fat content and are used to treat constipation and flatulence.
- Fenugreek Leaves (Methi) – 1 cup chopped
- Green Peas (Matar) – 1/2 cup
- Fresh Cream – 1 cup
- Cold Milk – 1/2 cup
- Khauva – 1/2 cup
- Kaju kani ka paste – 1/2 cup
- Onion (Piyaz) – 1 no’s pureed
- Garlic (Lehsun) – 1tablespoon paste
- Ginger (Adrak) – 1 tablespoon paste
- Red chilli powder – 1/2 teaspoon
- Oil – 3 tablespoon
- Garam Masala Powder – 1 teaspoon
- Salt to taste
- Wash Methi leaves, sprinkle salt on it and keep aside for 20 minutes and squeeze.
- On the other side, put kadai on gas ,add oil and heat it well.
- Add onion puree and ginger-garlic paste saute on high flame.
- Let the water of onion and ginger-garlic evaporate very well .
- Let the color of the above become crispy golden brown .
- Now add methi leaves and matar, fry for 2-3 minutes.
- Off the gas and add salt to taste, red chilli, garam masala, mix them well.
- On the gas fry masala, add water, cover till the matar is cooked on high flame.
- Now off the gas and add milkmaid, cream, khauva, kaju ka paste and cold milk.
- Mix them well and on the gas on high flame and let it boil .
- Enjoy hot Methi Matar Malai with Naan or Laccha paratha.