Our recipe for Jalebi
Ingredients for Jalebi:
* All purpose flour – 2cups
* Semolina or rice flour – 2 tablespoon
* Baking powder – 1/4 teaspoon
* Curd/yogurt – 2 tablespoon
* Warm water – 1 cup
* Saffron – A few strands
* Sugar – 3 cup
* Water – 3 cups for syrup
* Cardamom powder – 1/4 teaspoon
* Rose water – 1 tablespoon
* Ghee for frying
Method for Jalebi:
* Mix the flour , semolina or rice flour, baking powder, curd and the water in a ceramic bowl and mix well with a whisk and keep aside for 4 hours for fermentation.
* Make a sugar syrup by boiling sugar and water together until syrup is of one string consistency.
* Just before the syrup is ready add saffron and cardamom powder.
* Heat oil in a kadhai and pour the batter in a steady stream into the kadhai to form coils.
* Deep fry them one by one until they are golden and crisp all over but not brown.
* Remove from the kadhai and drain on kitchen paper and immerse in the sugar syrup.
* Leave for atleast 10 minutes so that they soak the sugar syrup.
* Enjoy hot Jalebie.