There is around 130-210 calories in a typical serving of rajma masala.
|Recipe Name: Rajma Masala
Recipe Main Ingredient: Rajma
Recipe Brief Description : A very spicy Rajma masala used as a food accompaniment made with Rajma, tomato, onion and spices.
- Rajma – 1/2 kg
- Oil – 2 tbsp
- Onion – 2 number (chopped)
- Tomato – 2 number (chopped)
- Bay leaves – 2 number
- Ginger – 1 tbsp (chopped)
- Garlic – 1 tbsp (chopped)
- Asafoetida – 1 pinch
- Turmeric powder – 1/2 tbsp
- Red chili powder – 1/2 tbsp
- Garam masala powder – 1/2 tbsp
- Cumin powder – 1/2 tbsp
- Coriander powder – 1/2 tbsp
- Coriander leaves – 1/2 bunch
- Cumin seeds – 1/2 tbsp
- Salt to tasteCooking Time: 30 minutesPreparation Method:
- Wash Rajma thoroughly and soak overnight with sufficient amount of water. Do not drain the water of soaked rajma, place them in a pressure cooker, add more water if required and then add salt. Place the cooker on flame close the cooker, after one whistle switch off.
- Heat the oil in a pan and add the cumin seeds and allow spluttering. Add bay leaves, asafoetida and chopped ginger-garlic, fry for a minute. Now, add onion and fry till they are golden brown then add all the spice powders except garam masala.
- Add tomato, fry till the oil separates and add salt according to taste.
- Mix in cooked red kidney beans, mix well and cook on medium flame for about 10 minutes. Add garam masala, and cover the lid, and cook for 2-3 minutes at a very low flame. Garnish with coriander leaves and serve with boiled rice.