Calories in a butter naan
There are approximately 90-95 calories in a butter naan, and it is definitely not a healthy choice, but it tastes so good that you should try at least once.You can make a butter naan easily at home.
How to Make a Homemade Buttermilk Chicken Butter Naan
Butter naan is a sweet, light and fragrant rice porridge that is very popular in northern India. It is mainly loved by the people of Tamil Nadu and Kerala. The porridge is made from the whole grain or even the split grains of the rice and is not just plain rice but has a sweet taste of spices, mixtures of lard and coconut. It is a very traditional delicacy of the people of Tamil Nadu and Kerala.
In the recent times, this dish has been gaining a lot of popularity especially in northern part of India, especially in parts of Delhi and other major cities of India. There are many reasons behind its popularity like the texture, flavor and the freshness of the food that is made from the coconut. I have listed some of the main ingredients for preparing this delicious food:
– Butter. The main ingredient of this sweet dish is butter. You can use softened butter if you prefer to make the recipe more delicacy. But the taste of the chicken or beef depends on how you prepare the butter.
– Garlic. You can use fresh garlic instead of the onion. The good thing about garlic is that you can add it to your butter naan recipe at any time. It gives the sweet smell of the chicken or beef. If you don’t like the smell of garlic, just try substituting with onions.
– Onion. This is one of the most important ingredients of this recipe. Onion is an ingredient that adds more flavor to the butter. If you don’t like onions, just substitute with another ingredient.
– Salt. You can adjust the salt as per your taste. Generally, the recipe is served with rock salt. But if you are looking for less or more salt, you can adjust as per your taste.
You may also like to garnish your Naan with coriander leaves and serve it chilled. You can even add some spring onions or green coriander leaves. You will get a traditional South Indian twist. The chicken is cooked in a traditional way and then covered with butter. After removing the covering, the butter is still present to cook the chicken in.
Don’t forget that Naan is a great way to save on your family budget. So if you are planning to serve Naan at a party, don’t forget to order it in bulk. You can easily get it from a wholesaler. This way you can also avail of the discount at the end of the party.
If you have already tried this wonderful recipe, you must be thinking of ways on how to modify the recipe. Since this dish is made from Chicken, you can marinate your chicken. For this purpose, you can use Indian spices to give it an aroma. The chicken should be marinated for about half an hour.
If you are serving butter naan as a starter, you can double the recipe. It would be really great. Serve the chicken with a side of curd and rice to give it a unique flavor. The curd and rice will provide you with the perfect nourishment to your chicken.
Alternatively, you can make a meal out of the chicken and the butter. Just break the pieces of bread into fine pieces. Spread butter on the bread to coat it well. Place this on the table while you prepare your lunch.
As you can see, this recipe has a simple yet interesting process. The ingredients that you are going to need are very simple. You should be able to make this on your own. This makes it more fun and enjoyable.
You can also try making butter naan for parties. You can ask your friends to help you cook the recipe. It is really fun and interesting. You will surely enjoy every bit of it. It will definitely be the best dish that you and your family will surely love. After trying this amazing recipe, I am sure that you will agree that it is indeed worth to try.
Ingredients for Butter Naan:
* Milk /Water – 2/3 cup
* All-purpose flour (Maida) – 2 cup
* Onion (Piyaz) – 2 teaspoon finely chopped
* Yeast (Khameer) – 1 teaspoon
* Sugar (Chini) – 1 teaspoon
* Salt – 1 teaspoon
* Butter – 4 tablespoons
* Yogurt (Dahi) – 2 tablespoons
* Nigella seeds (kalonji ) – 2 teaspoon
Method for Butter Naan:
* Mix warm milk/water with the yeast and sugar until the yeast is dissolved.
* Cover and keep aside in a warm place for 10 minutes.
* Sift flour and salt into a bowl add the yeast/water mixture, half of the butter and the yogurt.
* Mix into a soft dough then knead on a floured surface for about 5 minutes or until dough is smooth and elastic.
* Place the dough in a large greased bowl, cover and keep it in a warm place until the dough is doubled in size.
* Again knead this dough for 5 minutes and divide dough into 6 rolls.
* Roll each piece out into 8 inch round naans.
* Cover an oven tray with foil and grease the foil.
* Brush the naan with a little of the remaining ghee and sprinkle with some of the kalonji.
* Cook Naan one at a time under a very hot grill until puffed and just browned.
* Enjoy hot Butter Naan with vegetable curries or any meat preparations.