|Recipe Name: Butter Naan
Recipe Main Ingredient: All purpose flour
Recipe Brief Description : Its Indian Flat, oval bread made with Maida, butter and milk, mix into soft dough and kneads.
- Milk/Water – 2/3 cup
- All purpose flour – 2 cup
- Onion – 2 tbsp (finely chopped)
- Yeast – 1 tbsp
- Sugar – 1 tbsp
- Salt – 1 tbsp
- Butter – 4 tbsp
- Yogurt – 2 tbsp
- Nigella seeds (kalonji ) – 2 tbspCooking Time: 15 minutesPreparation Method:
- Mix warm milk/water with the yeast and sugar until the yeast is dissolved. Cover and keep aside in a warm place for 10 minutes.
- In a bowl add flour, salt, yeast/water mixture, half of the butter and the yogurt. Mix into a soft dough then knead on a floured surface for about 5 minutes or until dough is smooth and elastic.
- Place the dough in a large greased bowl, cover and keep it in a warm place until the dough is doubled in size.
- Again knead this dough for 5 minutes and divide dough into 6 rolls. Roll each piece out into 8 inch round naans.
- Cover an oven tray with foil and grease the foil. Brush the naan with a little of ghee and sprinkle with some of the chopped onion and kalonji.
- Cook Naan one at a time under a very hot grill until puffed and just browned. Serve with vegetable curries or any meat preparations.